4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Good Search Script
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:38 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I tried Atomz, but it only searches Meta tags and titles, is there any search script that enables you to search the WHOLE site include text in pages?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:04 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you sure that's true? I thought it would search the contents too...

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:06 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yep, as I Tested it, I put a certain word at the bottom of every page, got it to index the page, and typed the word in, didn't find it!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:08 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Strange, it doesn't on yours, but when my results come up, they only come up with the page title, and the description meta tag for the description!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:41 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Maybe there's something to change in the Options?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:42 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Checked that, can't find anything Sad
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:46 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What's the page count on your site (from Atomz)?

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:12 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

actually there is the limit of the page size. like atomz will only keep useful info from first 10kb of file. so if each of your pages is 200k big, why expect atomz to find whats there in the end of the page.

note: i have taken 10kb as garbage value. The actual value is around 40kb, I think.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: