4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

I've found forums better than these So I am leaving
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:30 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

/me is leaving these forums as I've found Webmaster/Web Help Forums better than these! http://www.websiteforums.com is soo much better!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
WebEgo
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:01 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't hurry back Exclamation

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:06 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I thought that I might surf to these "soo much better" forums and see what they are like. As far as I can see, these forums & the websiteforums are quite different.

Here, we deal with technical problems mainly. Scripting, databases etc... They on the other hand seem to be more general, devoting just one forum to technics, and the rest to money-making, e-zines, promotion etc.

They are quite different. And as for your criticisms of these forums, I see them quite lame. (Note: quotes are from websiteforums.com)

Quote:
They just ripped a phpBB 2.0 board and hosted it without even bothering to customize it. Everything they have there is the default.

This has been around for just over a fortnight. Your forum uses Ikonboard, and it doesn't look very customized either.

Quote:
Well lets give Daniel Jarett the blame him for his crapy forums! Shut down 4WebHelp.net Forums!!!

This behaviour is childish. You seem jealous! Thanks be to God that the members of websiteforums are mature.

My final quote:
Quote:
the only editing program i've got is paint! - Roly

Laughing

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:21 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, I didn't find something better than here at websiteforums !!

I think that the users.f2s was very usefull and 4WebHelp too cause it is the same idea, same people, etc. Anyway, already forgot about it LoL
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Knut
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:53 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there.

This is Knut from WebsiteForums. (The webmaster/owner/administrator/whatever Wink

I just wanted to apologize on our behalf, and let you know that what roly said is in no way representing the views and opinions of other users (and me) over at WebsiteForums. (You'll see this by looking at the responses in the thread roly posted about you)

You seem to have a good thing going over here, and I wish you good luck with your forums Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KnutSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:43 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
I just wanted to apologize on our behalf

That's very decent of you. Well done.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:53 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Very decent indeed Very Happy

Any chance of banning roly from both forums Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:12 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Knut wrote:

Hi there.

This is Knut from WebsiteForums. (The webmaster/owner/administrator/whatever Wink

Know the feeling Wink

Quote:

I just wanted to apologize on our behalf, and let you know that what roly said is in no way representing the views and opinions of other users (and me) over at WebsiteForums. (You'll see this by looking at the responses in the thread roly posted about you)

Thanks for the apology, but it's not your fault - there's some mad people around who'll post anything to get attention Smile

Quote:

You seem to have a good thing going over here, and I wish you good luck with your forums Smile

Thanks, and I'm sorry you've found our site in such a state. If you check out http://www.users.f2s.com then you'll see what it's going to be like - we've only had this site for a bit over a week, and it's taking us time to get going again, as we don't want to make the same mistakes again.

Best wishes,
Peter.
Co-leader, 4webhelp team.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:03 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Very decent of you Knut. Thanks for your apology. I noticed how you managed to get some sense into him in your forums, and he stopped criticising.

I guess I'll give you a hand whenever I can. I'll sign up.

Garth Farley

P.S. (Knut - You like the K desktop environment? Have you the latest installed with Konqueror broken? - Sorry, off topic)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: