4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Freedom2Surf
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:45 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK, I'm not going to go on and on forever about them.

If you pay for their services, they're fine (right now, they weren't before I don't think - they didn't answer emails).

Anyhow, if you didn't know it, we provided support to all f2s users for nearly 2 years. Now, f2s are no longer providing free hosting, and f2s won't give us free hosting. I think that's discusting, seeing all the work we have done for f2s users (and for f2s).

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:31 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

They didn't appreciate your help.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:05 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't think they didn't appreciate our help, they must be too cheap to give us free hosting!

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:38 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

F2S are going to get a surprise when they have to start supporting members.

I've been with a free F2S account for 3 years, and have helped out on the forums whenever I can.

Many, many people had questions that F2S' FAQs just didn't hold the answer to. They created forums to let people help eachother, but took them down for nearly a year!

And who picked up the pieces, the Users.f2s.com forums.

It's F2S' loss.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
Zerio
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:20 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You took up their slack for so long and they don't give you anything for it. That is disgusting.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ZerioSend Personal Message
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:08 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

they hated all Free Users!
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:27 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Who knows, may be they did an etire back up for the users.f2s.com web site to use it later as a support page !!!
Just a thought !
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:41 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If they dare to do such a thing, Daniel & the team could and should sue for theft.

I honestly don't think they would, as they wouldn't be able to afford their own defence!

Ah well, it's their problem now. I wonder if they will tell new users to go to this site for help?

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:35 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, sounds good Laughing More members here but they have to give something back th Daniel and the team, not Question Exclamation
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
brendanarnold
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:38 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I *think* I remember reading in the Terms & Conditions when I signed up to F2s a clause which stated that once uploaded, a website became their property.

Does anyone have a copy of the old Terms & Conditions?

Thanks

Brendan
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by brendanarnoldSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:58 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Try http://www.archive.org/.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:05 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ssh! I just noticed that there is a use called Chris Panayis...

Snip off front page
The newest registered user is Chris Panayis

Snip off profile page
Viewing profile :: Chris Panayis

Total posts: 0
[0.00% of total / 0.00 posts per day]
Find all posts by Chris Panayis
Interests:

Contact Chris Panayis
Email address:
Private Message:
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo Messenger:
AOL IM:
ICQ Number:
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:21 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

He hasn't activated his account yet, so I'm not sure it was him who registered the account.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:44 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://web.archive.org/web/19981206011529/http://www.freedom2surf.net/

Those were the days! Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jrHOSTINGSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
sisil
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:05 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have a paid hosting on F2S and they still won't answer my email! (I have problems with email settings etc). And no, adding a PAID SITE PROBLEM at the email subject doesn't help. Calling them by phone is not economically feasible, as I'm not in the UK. Bah!
Mad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sisilSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next