4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

New guy on the block
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:33 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi everyone, just discovered this forum and it very interesting and promising for the type of help I'm always looking for.

I won't be shy in helping whenever I can. I'll spend a couple of days bringing myslef up-to-date and then hit ya all with all kinds of questions.

Have a good one.
JC
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:34 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there JointComms!

Do I know you from somewhere? The username rings a bell Smile

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:06 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes Sir, from CW forums
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:07 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I thought that might be where I knew you from Smile

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:19 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there JointComms:D

I guess you saw Daniel's shameless plug on his CW sig Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:25 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Am I the ONLY one to have a URL in my sig?

Windsor also exists in Canada, as do many English cities (like York Smile).

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:28 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew you would be surprised at how many English names there are in Canada (from Yarmouth across to Victoria). And I live is County Essex right next door to Kent. I guess an E'man would have an identity problem here - lol.

Darren, if it wasn't for Daniel's shameless plug I wouldn't be here - he' all over the place - never seemed to get off CW - hehehe.
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:44 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Actually NOT because they were discovered by them but because so many named new towns and villages after places in the Ole Country.

Did you know that New York is NOT the original name - before that it was New Holland or Holland - me thinks.
robert
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:44 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

New York (only the island of Manhattan back then, which was an Indian name), was named Nieuw Amsterdam (New Amsterdam). But Peter Stuyvesant (a dutch guy) sold the 'worthless' island for 1 gulden (45 eurocents) to the English guys... (he never should have done that!!!)

That's also the origine of 'Yankees', in that time (not anymore, we also don't walk on wooden shoes anymore and there isn't a mill on every street corner) almost every dutch man was called Jan or Kees (real dutch names)... Putting that together gives: Jankees, which changed into Yankees (the English word for the dutch in America).

Have fun w/ it, 'cuz this is the **** I learn on school.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:46 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh woow, **** is automatically translated to ****

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:47 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL! It gets censored in EVERY post! So it still appears as ****.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:51 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh btw, Daniel, were in Paris exactely do you live?? My family lives in Paris, and i visit them very often (i better know Paris then Amsterdam)

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 2:28 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't actually live in Paris, I live in the suburbs. I live in the Yvelines, near Versailles.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:43 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been there before, i'll email you when i'm going to paris again... Laughing

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 3:06 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey Robert, that's interesting about Yankees - I never knew that.

About the wooden shoes, you may not wear them in Amsterdam but I was in Amersfoort a few years back and we had stoped in a 'snack bar' for something to eat and drink and I was quite pleased to see a number of people coming in wearing them. My Dutch hosts told me that the farming community still kept to the tradition. Happy for me because I was able to see a rare view I guess.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next