4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

My website closed today!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
gymaholic7
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:39 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey guys...My website is at www.pandapages.f2s.com . I went to it today and it said page not found! And at hitbox.com, my account stuff said no one visited my site. So now I think f2s closed my site over a month early! Hoooowwww rude! Oh well, I'll get over; they've been good to me over the years. I'm thinkin about going to cyberwings or whatever that host was that you guys recommended.

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 3:33 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Check your FTP for a file called reason.txt, I reckon it has been suspended for some reason, not deleted Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:15 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

making reason.txt files for free users is Chris's favorite thing to do 8)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:51 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What do you expect? It reduces the load on the servers, and his work load!

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:31 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I looked and looked but couldn't find a reason.txt file but it does say that my site is suspended.

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:57 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

gymaholic7 wrote:

I looked and looked but couldn't find a reason.txt file but it does say that my site is suspended.

where/how did it say it was suspended?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 3:58 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

gymaholic probably means that it said "Forbidden", which doesn't mean the site was suspended.

Just a note: the reason file is not in the doc root, it's one level underneath that, in /web/sites/nnn/username.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:33 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's a 404 not found so it must be suspended because you would normally get a forbidden in the root directory if there was no index file
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:07 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

When you email them, try putting "PAID SITE PROBLEM" in the subject line, that CAN help.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:17 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

When you email them, try putting "PAID SITE PROBLEM" in the subject line, that CAN help.

Idea Worth a try !. You never know. You might recieve a speedier response ! Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:30 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Richy wrote:

Daniel wrote:

Idea Worth a try !. You never know. You might recieve a speedier response ! Smile

Well, these days, it's either a SPEEDY response, or NO response! They don't seem to actually look @ the other emails, not even a week later, NEVER!

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:40 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Richy wrote:

Daniel wrote:

Well, these days, it's either a SPEEDY response, or NO response! They don't seem to actually look @ the other emails, not even a week later, NEVER!

Best way is to phone them, but you have to be a paying customer for that Smile
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:47 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew wrote:

It just shows what a disaster f2s is now, I would just move on to a different host... oh yes... I have Wink

I haven't really heard a complaint about their paid service, and I want to keep my subdomain so f2s global hosting here we go!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:53 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:

Best way is to phone them, but you have to be a paying customer for that Smile

Where did you find that out? It's not on their website.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:59 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In the products part of the site it used to mention telephone support being available to global site customers. Course it doesnt anymore so you may as well phone em if your in the UK, they might not be very helpfull though

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next