4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Help on transferring a paid domain from F2S
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:36 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi

I have been fairly disappointed with my F2S experience and I am looking around for another host. I have heard many stories of people keeping their domain, trying to transfer it to another host and it all going wrong.

I know it also depends on the new host, but are F2S any good at efficiently transferring domains. I know some companies keep them for 6 months before they allow them to be taken/transferred, are F2S like that?

Thanks

Bill
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:25 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

F2S are legally obliged to let you transfer your domain, but they might be slow about it.

As to 6 months, that's the time it could take before you would be able to re-register that domain if you let it expire, not the time it takes to transfer it.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:18 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Suppose I'll have to phone F2S then! I don't finish with them till October but I am trying to be organised so I don't lose my domain!

Bill
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:07 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't really see why you'd have to phone them...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:34 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh, I was just told to ask them how they deal with it etc by my new host. F2S seem to have had a weeks bank holiday this week. I haven't had any databases, emails etc set up!

Bill
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 8:15 am (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

billdavies wrote:
F2S seem to have had a weeks bank holiday this week. I haven't had any databases, emails etc set up!

Bill

They were working yesterday (fri 29) as i got a reply to a email about adsl, which i think you will find is the problem in that they are snowed under with new accounts trying to get adsl etc... Sad
The databases and emails are set up via your user area. Though i think they have changed how things are done a bit as i have heard that peeps who have adsl and get the 20meg space are wondering how to get to their space and are being told that you need to ring tech support to get things set up....
As i used to have a account with them and i used my old user name i found my site was reactivated in less than a day.. Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: