4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Bug in this forum
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:51 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ummmm when you quote someone, why does it go that big?

(I've just checked, it's a straight quote tag I didn't put no other tags in there, strange!)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:02 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's some style sheet problem. If you change the font size in your browser, that text will be smaller. The font size of the quotations should be fixed, but it isn't. It will no doubt soon be fixed by the phpBB team.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:22 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

whoa... there's something definitely wrong with ur copy of phpBB2 perhaps, cause it's supposed to be like this

'New script on the Block' - GIDtopsites
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:26 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JDS Wrote
whoa... there's something definitely wrong with ur copy of phpBB2 perhaps, cause it's supposed to be like this

yeah but yours is RC1, this is RC2, this may just be a new bug.

Last edited by Justin on Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:27 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I wouldn't install RC-1 just for that small bug, as RC-2 has much fewer bugs I think.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:29 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel Wrote
I wouldn't install RC-1 just for that small bug, as RC-2 has much fewer bugs I think.

I know, I was just explaining why it was that his board was probbably OK, not insiting you downgrade!
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:34 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I know that Justin! I was just pointing out that one bug in RC-2 does not make up for all the bugs gotten rid of in since RC-1.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:41 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:

ummmm when you quote someone, why does it go that big?

(I've just checked, it's a straight quote tag I didn't put no other tags in there, strange!)

Size=9

Last edited by John R on Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by John RSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
JdS
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:42 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Embarassed

sorry guys, didn't realise that they released another so soon, i mean i just installed that on Christmas day!

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:31 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You might have installed it on Christmas day, but RC-1 has been around for a little longer than that. Since RC-2 only fixes bugs, it is normal that it should be released shortly after RC-1.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:51 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

RC1 was released on 24.12.01, u must be talking abt RC1(pre).

anyway, i am confused that i am still subscribed to monitor the file modules of PhpBB2 at sourceforge but i never got the email for the rc2 release... Sad

.. but now i know Smile

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:53 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh yeah, I guess I was talking about RC-1 pre. Anyway, bug fixes don't usually take long to come out, so that's why RC-2 came out so quickly.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: