4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

What is the best forum/BBS/Discussion board it script?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Poll :: Best Script?

phpBB
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
vB
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Phorum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
IVB
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Cog
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:44 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been using Ikon Board for awhile, its my hundredth set-up. The 100 odd files don't help speed up the process.

What is the best forum? -it can be PHP or Perl-.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by CogSend Personal Message
GhostFacedKillah
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:05 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

vB, though its way to pricey its defienlty worth every penny.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:48 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

aside from vb, phpbb or ib will be the best, cuz both use mySQL and are easy to use, unlike something like ubb

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:19 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ikonboard 3 Smile

Though I can not use it now because of webhost restrictions.

I can not wait for IBF!!! (IBForum)

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
GhostFacedKillah
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:33 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

is IBF some wacky new version of ikon board?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:29 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

GhostFacedKillah wrote:

Nup. An ALL NEW BOARD!

Matt (the brains behind Ikonboard) and Jarvis (JEG) have parted ways. Matt (and his followers) are working on a new forum.. PHP and CGI versions... the php admin looks great already... Smile

Ikonboard may die.... who knows what will happen there as most of the iTeam etc followed Matt.

http://www.ibforums.com/

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
szo2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:25 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phpBB...

Open source is the best! It now has most of other BB's features.

Personally I do not like Perl BBs because I am not familiar with Perl. Also a board without a database back end won't stand many users without sacrificing speed.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by szo2Send Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:43 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:

GhostFacedKillah wrote:

Nup. An ALL NEW BOARD!

Matt (the brains behind Ikonboard) and Jarvis (JEG) have parted ways. Matt (and his followers) are working on a new forum.. PHP and CGI versions... the php admin looks great already... Smile

Ikonboard may die.... who knows what will happen there as most of the iTeam etc followed Matt.

http://www.ibforums.com/

How did this happen, as after all the work Matt has done to the board almost single handly, have they just booted him?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:11 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phpBB is pretty good but VB's administration panel is really better and let you easily customise your board.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:37 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

phpBB 2.0 and iKonBoard 2.x
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:11 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

IB2 is the biggest pile of junk ever

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
selpaw
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:21 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:

How did this happen, as after all the work Matt has done to the board almost single handly, have they just booted him?

What I have read is, is that Matt did not like the direction IB was going to be taken by Jarvis Network so he left. Charles (Vice President) of JV also left in support of Matt. Anyway IBF be a lot better then IB3.

Selpaw Web Directory
selpaw
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:22 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

szo2 wrote:

phpBB...

Where have they hidden these "features" ?? phpbb2 does not have many features at this time. I am stuck with it until IBF comes out, now that will have features!

Selpaw Web Directory
Paul
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:26 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OpenBB is the best. http://www.openbb.net
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by PaulSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
szo2
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:27 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:

szo2 wrote:

phpBB...

Where have they hidden these "features" ?? phpbb2 does not have many features at this time. I am stuck with it until IBF comes out, now that will have features!

What exactly do you want then???
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by szo2Send Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next