4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

I need my database
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
tracer
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 4:26 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there an easy way to get my database from f2s before they pull the plug? PLEASE HELP
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tracerSend Personal Message
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:42 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You got to dump it to a file..
If you have a look round this site there is bit about how to do just that.

Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:02 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

tracer wrote:

Is there an easy way to get my database from f2s before they pull the plug? PLEASE HELP

Try this :

http://www.4webhelp.net/tutorials/db/backup.php
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:24 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What you really need is a soft spot with the goddess of luck. The free SQL servers of f2s were overloaded even two months with people trying to dump their databases. If you can squeeze through and access phpMyAdmin before the 28th at all, you should consider yourself *extremely* lucky.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:20 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can log into the DB admin at f2s without a problem however there system seems completely different to the FAQ in the link provided by Justin. Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step on doing this.
Sorry if I'm sounding like an idiot but the big sign did say go here if ya need help
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tracerSend Personal Message
John R
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:27 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Right, sign in to you account, then login to your database. click on your database in the right hand side window...
Then scroll down the left window till you find Query by Example click the Structure and Data radio button then click go you should then get the file downloaded on to your computer.. If its not a big database you should be OK if its a large one you may have to do each table on its own....
THis is assuming that you have a MySql database....

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: