4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

phpBB Mods
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:11 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've been looking at the phpBB Mods, and some of them seem quite useful. A few small ones are already installed here, but they're not really noticeable (mostly just appearance).

Do you think we should install any of these mods?

1. Have the subject of the last topic in each forum appear on the index page.
2. Have a link to view all "watched" posts.
3. Gender in profile.
4. Additional fields in profile.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:37 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Totally agree with Andrew. Everything except the first one ! Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
GhostFacedKillah
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:44 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i say use the first one aswell, so(like ubb) you can know which thread was last posted in

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:27 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Number 2 implemented, please report any bugs.

So, what do the rest of you think of number one? I guess it does take up more space, and it might cause some problems under 1024x768.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:39 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Not 1 !!! Smile. The index page will look even more crowded and busy then it already is.

Last edited by Richard on Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:44 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew & Richy, I already know what you think, so you don't have to tell me again! Smile

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:38 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think it is a good idea, because that I have tried using a similar hack on vBulletin, and it works well and only extends the column by the smallest margin, I would give you an example, but I had a board failure the other night, and haven't got round to re-implementing the hacks to my board yet.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:01 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I read all posts so 1 makes no difference to me... but I say it can be usefull and wont cramp the colum too much

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
GhostFacedKillah
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:30 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:

I read all posts so 1 makes no difference to me... but I say it can be usefull and wont cramp the colum too much

that hack wont nessearily cramp the board. it the hack would mostlikely have a feature which will add "..." to the end on the subjuct's display on the main page

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: