4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Freedom2Surf
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:36 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm afraid there's nothing else you can do except for emailing them again! Sad

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:10 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ok just to keep you updated, I've sent the 3rd email for this past 2 weeks. And still no reply. Maybe I should try sending the email to the individual's email instead of support@freedom2surf.net?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sisilSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Garth Farley
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:26 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, you could try chris@freedom2surf.net or nick@freedom2surf.net , emilio@freedom2surf.net .

Just bring your case to thier attention, and they should sort out your problem. It really is unforgivable this awful performance. Be ashamed F2S.

Garth Farley
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Garth FarleySend Personal Message
sisil
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:07 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is it possible to cancel this paid hosting account, if my credit card is not billed yet?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sisilSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:12 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Probably not, but you could try...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:44 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sisil wrote:

Is it possible to cancel this paid hosting account, if my credit card is not billed yet?

Contact your credit card company, explain the situation, they may be understanding and stop the payment to f2s...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
JdS
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:59 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sisil wrote:

Ok just to keep you updated, I've sent the 3rd email for this past 2 weeks. And still no reply. Maybe I should try sending the email to the individual's email instead of support@freedom2surf.net?

That's really unacceptable...

It's amazing how there are still ppl out there who are willing to do business with these (obvious) amateurs...

'New script on the Block' - GIDtopsites
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:00 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Most of them are only doing business with F2S because they have to (otherwise they'll lose their URL).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:10 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh u really don't believe that - i mean, how many sites get the kind of traffic that would make shoddy business practices like this worth it?

and even if u do, all the more reason to have GOOD support, i'd think!

sure, u lose some traffic and most probably your ranking too (by changing ur domain name) but surely 'u don't have to' take this for what it's worth

'New script on the Block' - GIDtopsites
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
sisil
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:35 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sent a complaint email (with the 3 previous emails embedded) to nick@freedom2surf.net. I sent it Thursday evening (GMT) ... let's see how quick the reply is.

I've called my credit card company asking about a transaction cancellation... turned out that it can only be done from the merchant side (so I would have to contact F2S etc and have them refund the unused portion of the payment). Somehow I doubt they will do that Sad But I'll try anyway.

As Daniel said on the previous post... one of the reasons I decided to get a paid hosting on F2S is that I don't want to lose the old f2s.com url so soon. But I kinda regret it now. 60 poundsterling with no costumer support whatsoever! And the mail is not working! Sheesh Mad
sisil
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:49 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Emailing to the individuals directly did work, Nick replied my email the next morning and fixed the problems I was having. Turned out one of the the problems was caused by my own mistake Embarassed
But hey that's what customer support are for - to answer questions and help customers that are not as web-savvy.
Anyway I'm quite dissapointed by the whole thing and definitely will not continue using their service next year and will not recommend it to anyone.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2