4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

http://www.web-mania.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Mart
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:06 pm (21 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Been with these for a while now and not experienced any problems yet!!!

£20* per year Offer includes:

500Mb of disk space
3Gb of data transfer per month
Frontpage extensions
Unlimited POP3 mail@yourdomain.com
Unlimited mail forwarding mail@yourdomain.com
Unlimited subdomains of your domain name
e.g. http://subdomain.yourdomain.com/
CGI-BIN directory
Control Panel
Perl 5
PHP 4
SSI (server side includes)
MySQL Database
Full Telnet access
Full FTP access
Detailed visitor statistics
Close control downflow air conditioning units.
UPS system and Generator back-up

All servers are dual processor servers with a min of 512Mb Ram with Ultra Wide SCSI hard drives connected via a 100Mb/s fast Ethernet connection

Cheap as chips
Mart.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MartSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Lee
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:54 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have no problems with them, the only thing they need to improve on is their control panel, i have had several hosts in the past and they use proper control panels, obviously they must use their own control panel which sucks. And another thing they need to improve is to provide their customers with proper ftp addresses, the one I use now is ftp://server10.web-mania.com, why don't they provide you with ftp://yourdomain.com. hmm????
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by LeeSend Personal Message
Mart
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:56 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Lee wrote:
I have no problems with them, the only thing they need to improve on is their control panel, i have had several hosts in the past and they use proper control panels, obviously they must use their own control panel which sucks. And another thing they need to improve is to provide their customers with proper ftp addresses, the one I use now is ftp://server10.web-mania.com, why don't they provide you with ftp://yourdomain.com. hmm????

Hi Lee, I posted this thread over a year ago. I agree with the control panel, don’t remember having problems with FTP tho, since moved on to http://Webattention.net who I can’t fault :)

Mart.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MartSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
gopper
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:15 am (20 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I hosted www.mobile-focus.co.uk with web-mania, well i still host part of the forum www.mobile-f.cjb.net/ib/

I didn't like their control panel. because its NOT C-Panel ..
I use http://www.nuweb.co.uk now ..

Post About This Host Is Here:
http://www.4webhelp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2480
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by gopperSend Personal Message
ozPATT
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:01 am (17 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

webmania are terrible. i started hosting with them about 5 years ago, and they seemed to be ok. but i would not ever host with them again, and I would definitely not recommend them. I had about 15 sites with them, and things started to go wrong. I had whole content management systems that would work one day and not the next. I had data go missing, downtime like you wouldn't believe.

Their live help is rediculous and they just try tellnig you that the problem is at your end, even though you haven't touched anything or changed anything since it was working.

Last night, one of the few remaining sites on webmania - client request despite my advice - disappeared. An email this morning tells me that the server went down and they lost everything on that particular server.

I asked them if they do backups, and this is their response:

Quote:
We are providing low cost hosting so it is not possible for us to provide backups. If we provide backups then ultimately cost of hosting package will increase. We are trying to provide affordable web hosting to any small company. If we provide backups then ultimately we require more hardware and techs to work for it. It will increase to high cost.

Apart from that being very unprofessional, they don't state it on their website. I can't emphasise enough how much trouble hosting can be with webmania, and would recommend another host any day of the week.

end of rant Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ozPATTSend Personal Message
sunnylikbeckham
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:25 am (16 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I Buyed An Hosting Of Webmania
Bt Having Problems In Installing Forum
Can SomeBody Plz Help

Yahoo- sunny_devsamaj
Msn - sunny_s92@hotmail.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sunnylikbeckhamSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: