4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Uploaded the old users.f2s site
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:26 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Andrew provided me the conetents of the old users.f2s site. I have uploaded the old site to http://www.rolysvirtualpets.com/users.f2s/ what do you think? It is on my Paid Hosting so it should load fast & have no ads. Do you think i should chnage the index page to sya that the site is been mirrored and it will be avalible. Also as the old users.f2s web site will be no more as of the 28th you should have the old site redirect to my mirror.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:29 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

okay. where i am its 10:24PM at nigght on 8/2/02 well maybe because i'm in australia?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:32 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Maybe you should have asked for our permission before doing this (for copyright reasons)?

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:47 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As andreq said, can we please archive your site?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:28 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In case you didn't know it, I'm not the only member of the 4WebHelp team...

Ex Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:53 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree with Daniel, permission should have been sought after before doing an archive.

If we wanted a mirror site then I am sure we would have asked for one long before the loss of free web space was announced.

As for now, I dont agree that you should have an archive so that you can post links to it to take advantage of our own userbase.
Most items found at users will be migrated to this site anyhow. Faq is near complete and I am sure the tutroials are not far behind.

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:04 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Of course you can keep it on your HD, we have no way of stopping you! Actually, that's exactly what IE does anyway (but only temporarily) every time you visit a website!

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:23 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

roly wrote:

I think you should be able to archive it on your site.. as long it is marked as such.. archive.org does without asking permission.. and so does google Smile

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:55 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, but archive.org makes it VERY clear that it's an archive, and not the actual site!

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:45 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

And you can opt out of archive.org by rejecting it's spider in your robots file.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 10:17 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:

roly wrote:

I think you should be able to archive it on your site.. as long it is marked as such.. archive.org does without asking permission.. and so does google Smile

I am against this idea, and would refuse permission for any material copyrighted by myself to be reproduced.

Virtually all the content's going to be on this site eventually, so there's no need.

Peter.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:38 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

mm this is more like

Users V 4 web help team

The main aim of the so-called archive was for the old forums.

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: