4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Webspace and Bandwidth
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
pankaj
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:47 pm (17 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi all

I'm a bit curious to know, what are the advisable sizes of webspace and bandwith for a blog/personal site?

Thank you.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pankajSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm (17 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Bandwidth will obviously depend on how popular your blog is, and your disk quota requirement will be practically nothing. Both requirements are likely to grow gradually over time (as you post more stuff, more people find your site, etc.), so I would just start with the smallest plan you can find and make sure you can buy upgrades in the future. Unless you plan to post a lot of photos and/or videos, you could probably make do with less than 100MB bandwidth and a couple MB of disk space (no-one offers plans that small, so just go with the smallest you can find).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:49 am (17 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,
That really does depend on how many people visit your site, I rmember
getting my first paid package and I bought LOADS of webspace and
bandwidth to be safe, but atleast it never went down due to it! Its up to how much you are willing to pay too.
guruji

Relax, you are in good hands!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by gurujiSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: