4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

PHP Search Script
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:23 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Liked Atomz, but the ads they have on there are too annoying now, so am looking for a good PHP Search Script for Freedom2Support.net

Must be:
- Cheap (~£20) or Free
- Able to be built into site design.
- Able to specify that I DON'T want the forums on the site indexed.
- Easy to use
- User Friendly.
- No Ads

Any Ideas?

I like the one on 4webhelp, but don't like the ads, Can you get a similar script without the ads.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:22 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What ads are you talking about? All I remember Atomz having was their logo... I just looked at our search page and even that seems to have disappeared (wierd - but I'm not going to worry about it Smile).

However last I checked Atomz was no longer free, so unless you have an account with them already that's no use to you.

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:42 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use atomz too,
Their logo has gone, but I now have a block of sponsored ads above and below the results, hadn't noticed this before.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:35 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There are massive chunks of ads at the top and bottom:
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-a=sp10028af4&sp-f=ISO-8859-1&sp-q=freedom2surf&sp-p=all

Obviously it looks a bit stupid for us having ads for other ISP's on a freedom2surf support site, hence why we have dropped the service.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:11 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wierd... The ads don't show up for me Confused

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:47 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just found the email from Atomz announcing the changes...

Quote:
We're writing to let you know about a number of changes to the Atomz Express Search service which we have been providing at no charge for your site. These changes will be made effective by September 30th, 2004 and will only apply to the Atomz Express Search service.

For five years as a service to the Internet community, we have provided Atomz Express Search at no charge and with no advertising. To help offset the cost to continue to provide this service, we will be adding contextual advertising before and after the search results. This advertising will be delivered by Google, our advertising partner. The 'sponsored links' will be purely text-based and will be driven off the search keywords entered. They will be visually distinct from your search results, so your visitors know what results are for your site, separate from the advertising.

At the same time, we will be upgrading your service with more features and capabilities, and will continue to serve you with the high level of customer support and reliability that Atomz has provided to you over the years. Here are some of the enhancements we will provide:

* Your Atomz Express Search account(s) will have the page limits increased from 500 to 750. You may need to re-index your site in order to capture additional pages in your index beyond the 500-page limit.
* Your Atomz Express Search account(s) will now be enabled to allow for the crawling, indexing and searching of Adobe PDF content. To take advantage of this feature, you will need to go to the Content Types page in your search account, click the PDF documents checkbox, and then re-index your site in order to capture the PDF content in your site's search index.
* The Atomz logo will no longer be displayed at the top of search results pages.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: