4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

I know what I want but...
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Maggie
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:13 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I want to make a small simple site with separate files/pages for different people to visit and get information personal to them from. I want to password the files/pages so that only the correct person can see their own pages. Is this possible?
I need suggestions on who would be a good host for this kind of site. Some of the ones I have looked at don't seem to mention being able to have different bits passworded. I don't want to sign up for something and then find I can do this.
I'm new to it all and don't really understand all the terms like css, sub domains, sub files etc.
I just want to put up a site where I can keep specific pages up to date for my customers to check progress of their particular projects but in private as they are all in 'competition' to some extent.
Thank you for your time and I do hope someone can advise me about this.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MaggieSend Personal Message
fgidigi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:34 pm (18 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There is a simple javascript possibilty that allows you to program each password differently, so you can, say make a main page that leads to for instance, 4 or more private pages.
Each private page has 2 routes, one that goes to an errorpage - when they typed the wrong password or had their capslog on - the other page is the shielded page where the private information is on.

you can put this system everywhere u want and as many times you want, and change the password with each page and also type your own command if a pasword is correct or if its plain wrong, lol

send me an email if you still need it, and I will send you a zip file wiith the pages cos it takes a lot of time to write everything down -
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: