4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

javascript this.click()
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
alpa
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:10 pm (19 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi, i'm fresh here, so if this question was asked previously, please redirect me.

i was trying to visually customize a file-browse form being confronted with the problem of the browser-controlled "browse" button (it is tearing my site appart, depending on the browser language etc.).

the sollution i came over was to hide the browse-field and use a picture-texfield combination including some javascript in form of a "onClick" event of the picture, which sends a .click() demand to the browse-field to open the file browser.

well, this works great in ie, but shamelessly fails in netscape (which happens to be the browser of my choice). at first i thought that it had to do something with the picture (it worked well at other occations), but the problem seems to be either netscape not recognizing the brows-field to be "click()"able or the click not getting through the onClick?

can anybody help me?

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:28 pm (19 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can you link us to the page with this on? It would be easier to help if we could see what's going on for ourselves Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:51 pm (19 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sorry, the server is currently down.
but here is the pseudo:

form
input type=file, id=FLE
img src=IMG onclick=FLE.click()
/form

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: