4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

PHP beginners: what do you want to know?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:13 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm planning on writing a series of articles giving a task-oriented introduction to PHP. I'm interested in hearing what all the PHP beginners out there are having problems doing, or indeed what kinds of tasks you're trying to accomplish even if you're not having problems. I'd really appreciate any suggestions for what I should include Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:22 am (19 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Me, being a PHP newb, would like to know a series of thing. A tutorial like that should include things that you'd use, such as timestamp, last edited variable (i think theres one, dont know tho lol), variable basics, other ways to write phps like
Code:
<?php
{
?>
script
<?php
}
?>

simple explanations on forms suchs as return false values and things like the arg1 and arg2 in the one guys php tutorial (I barely got that part heh). Should include the include='filename.ext'; code and basic uses as well as advanced one and if you can or cant use variables in places like that (i would certainly like to know Very Happy) well, those are a few of the things id personally like to see in a tutorial, im sure theres other I cant think of and that I dont know of that I like too see as well Smile.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Zealot ZacharySend Personal Message
Vitopa
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:30 pm (8 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Dont you get all sentimental now
I didnt even use PHP back then, long time ago...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by VitopaSend Personal MessageSend emailAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerICQ Number
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: