4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Table height help
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:56 pm (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How would I fix the bar on the side of this page http://www.burntalk.com/v2/?page=prevention
I want it to look like this http://www.burntalk.com/v2/
The problem im having is I cant set the size to a certain height because the links are put in from a db and there are varying amounts of links for each page.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:14 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Aside from the extra links under "Prevention", I don't see any difference between the two pages. What's the problem exactly?

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:13 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

All the extra space. Theres a lot of space under the sections.
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:14 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It looks like it only does it in IE. Damn IE.
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:45 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Kdawg wrote:
It looks like it only does it in IE. Damn IE.

Ah, that explains why I can't see it. My adivce is just to use a validator to make sure the code is all correct - things like this are often caused by quite simple errors in the HTML. If that doesn't work, it's probably an unavoidable bug in IE Rolling Eyes

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:39 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's probably to do with the nested tables perhaps the rowspan might help but basically Explorer seems to be getting it wrong since the table height should fit the contents.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still havent figured it out yet. This is really **** me off, If someone could bust out IE and help me out it would be greatly appriciated.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: