4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Compiling C code files to Linux
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
kepler
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:36 pm (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I've got a serious problem my friends; my system is win32 with Windows XP running. But the c code files I program must be ready to run in Linux - because of the webserver platform. I have DJGPP, but I was never able to build it as a cross compiler(host=win32 and target=Linux ).
The files, are versions of the same software - a astronomy software to run in a webserver ( at cosmos.com.pt ), so the releases are from month to month ( or even more spaced in reality ).

I was wondering if someone could compile them for me as a favour - I would send the code by mail of course ( usually, zipped, is 70 kb long )

Can someone help me?

Best regards,

Kepler
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by keplerSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:41 pm (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I might be able to do that for you; will scripts be included to build it (i.e. something like automake), or would I have to manually run lots of cc commands?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:18 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

Thanks for replying. No, I've already made a makefile.unx
You just have to type "make -f makefile.unx" ( I think that this is the command), and the compiler does the rest.

Best regards,

Kepler
adam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:39 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ah, in that case I'm happy to help Smile Shall I PM you my email address?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:53 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Good morning,

Yes, please send me a PM with your email address. Thank you very much for helping me out.

Kind regards,

Kepler
kepler
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:26 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ah, just one question: wich compiler do you use?

Regards,

Kepler
adam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:21 am (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

On Linux I have GCC 3.2.3 (that's Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3), and I can also compile on FreeBSD using GCC 3.4.2 (that's FreeBSD 5.3)

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: