4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Warning: EUKhost is disgraceful!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Disgusted
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:46 am (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I want to share my experiences of EUKhost/ Redbank to this forum, as a warning to other users.

I signed up with Redbank in May 2003 to host my site, and I was delighted with the service which I received from the then owner. He was helpful, polite and the service was everything I wanted, not to mention remarkable value.

About March of this year, I noticed that I had no access to the control panel for my site anymore, and I contacted the host to try to fix this. First, I was amazed that they provide no telephone support service, but it soon became apparent why! This issue was eventually resolved, but it took a lot of emailing, responding and explaining of the situation.

At the end of May, I noticed that my site had completely gone. I realised that this was partially my fault, in that the host was not able to send me the annual renewal notices as the email address that I had used to sign up to the service was now redundant. HOWEVER, I still decided to try to resolve this issue, and to get my site back.

Continued attempts were made by me to resolve this issue, including emails to the support staff and conversations in the “chat” service. Many of these emails were ignored, while others were replied to with 'textbook' answers that did nothing to help. After initially being advised that I could easily renew the name (after it had lapsed), this claim was subsequently changed to report that my domain was in redemption and that I would have to pay circa £90 to release it, which I was not prepared to do having been misinformed in the first place. Following one email from the support staff, which seemed clear enough, I repurchased the hosting service for my domain, which I then discovered I was wrongly advised to do in that email. I pressed them for a refund, which I have now received, but this is still not satisfactory.

The staff in the support service were often rude, very unhelpful and failed to respond to my queries on many occasions. In essence, they didn’t actually know what they were doing, and used rudeness to cover up for this fact. I eventually gave up and contacted the old owner of the hosting service, who helped me retrieve all my files from their servers. Had I realised that he no longer owns the service when this was all going on, I would have contacted him sooner. Suddenly it all made sense!

Now that I have got my files and they are safe, I don’t really care what EUKhost do, but I am going to investigate to see if there are formal channels through which companies like these can be reported. To the best of my knowledge there are not, but there are other methods which I am considering.

I have not had as bad an experience as many on this thread, I think, but this company is a ABSOLUTE JOKE! Not only does it not know what it is doing, but it also DOESN’T CARE, which is worse! I would strongly advise against going with EUKhost to anyone who asked me about them. They may be cheap, but they are utterly useless!

Thanks.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DisgustedSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:55 am (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry to hear about your problems with EUKhost. Sad

It's possible the old owner found he didn't have time to run the company anymore, and sold it to an unscrupulous company. Luckily not all hosting companies are like this, and I hope you find another one which will suit your needs Smile.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:19 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The old owner was great, and thought that he was leaving the company in capable hands. He's very annoyed that this is not the case.

In ant case, I just want to make sure that I alert as many people as possible through boards like this.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DisgustedSend Personal Message
ericwingUK
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:20 am (19 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have had trouble with Eukhost as well. On saturday I paid for a hosting plan (which was incidently advertised and sold as "webhosting.uk.com"). I received confirmation from PayPal which was the first mention of "eukhost". I did not receive a word from eukhost and the packages on offer on their website were different than the ones sold on webhosting.uk.com. I spoke to 4 different people on their chat room and all have assured me (after various convoluted excuses) that they had emailed me the welcome details which include login info. I have verified that my email is working fine and I have still to date not received anything. I don't think they are able to provide the level of service needed for this kind of work. They really need to get it together. I don't even know if the package I am ending up with is the one that I need (i.e IMAP mailboxes)

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ericwingUKSend Personal MessageSend emailMSN Messenger
Icklehamsta
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:55 pm (19 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I had exactly the same problem as you (ericwingUK). I still havnt managed to contact eukhost...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by IcklehamstaSend Personal MessageSend emailMSN Messenger
Thermit
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:09 pm (19 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nothing for a webmaster sucks as bad as having your hosting be screwed-up. Shocked

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: