4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Perl and CGI Errors
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gollard
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:22 pm (19 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi All,

I am new here, and would appreiciate any help on the following:

I have installed Apache Server, PHP 5, MySQL and Perl, all running locally on my system, everything seems to be setup just fine, I can pull up info for PHP using the test.php script, all is working okay.

I have followed the tutorial on this site Using your own Local Test Server with the works!, wich is really good. But when I come to the Perl part for testing a simple hello script, i get the following error ?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /test.cgi on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.50 (Win32) PHP/5.0.1 Server at localhost Port 80

How do I allow permissions or can this be done, or does anyone know anything about this, and could probally help me out, thanks alot. I am trying to get my website finished, but I cant go live untill I test a form feedback script, and also some other small things, using PHP and perl etc.

Gollard
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:23 am (19 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Never mind,

I fixed it myself, I uninstalled PHP, Apache and MySql. Then I installed indigoperl, its a complete install package, but doesnt seem to give as much control over the manual install of the sepearte install.

But it will do for the time bieng Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: