4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Can't access one site...
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
billdavies
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:22 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I was recently talking on MSN when a friend gave me a link to visit. The site (thefanlistings.org) was working fine before I opened the link, but when I visited the link I got a "Page cannot be displayed" thing. Now I cannot access this site at all, it always comes up with that.

I know for certain that the site has not simply gone down which makes this even more frustrating! I've even done a system restore to when I could access the site normally but I still cannot. Is there anything I can do to rectify this odd problem?

Thanks

EDIT: I've just reset my modem to factory default etc etc and it's still not working... :?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by billdaviesSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:00 am (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If everything else is working alright, then it's possible a routing problem with your ISP. Nothing much you can do about that though...

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:02 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That sound like a problem one of my forum members was having.

I had a database error for best part of a day, I fixed the problem and the forum was fine for all but one member who continued to see the error when accessing it from the main URL they could still get to it by direct links to posts.

I assumed this was some kind of caching issue, They cleared their browser cache etc but it still happened so I put it down to some kind of ISP caching... not sure whether the problem went away, I've heard no more so I assume so.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: