4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

web images not loading correctly
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
tb35
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:31 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi gang
first let me apologise in advance if my query isnt in fact anything to do with web design and the like however you were highly recommended to me.my problem is an intermittent one generally viewing web pages isnt a problem however every now and again images (jpegs and gifs) do not appear properly all im left with is a white box with a red cross inside it i try to refresh the page and then my connection is lost(connection being ex512kpbs now 768 kpbs provided by telewest) ive tried everything clearing the cache reducing the cache size and cut down on running processes i have no viruses or trojans and regularly run ad-aware and spybot all have picked up nothing.ive contacted telewest about the problem and as far as theyre concerned its not a problem their end.
just wondering if anybody here can shed any light on my problem
kind regards
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tb35Send Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:44 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It is a bug with Windows XP SP1 / Internet Explorer 6 SP1 there is another thread in this forum that goes into the same kind of thing, and yes, it's annoying, which is why I always advise against people installing SP1, it's more trouble than it's worth.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
tb35
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:07 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

im sorry i shouldve also explained that i still run win98se have never been happy with xp thanks for the reply anyway tho
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:28 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What Version of Internet Explorer/Browser are you using?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
tb35
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:45 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

sorry for the delay im using ie6
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:54 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What Version Number?

Go to Help -> About Internet Explorer

If it's 6.0.2800.something it's because you have the buggy version of IE6 that has this problem, it normally goes away after acting like it for a few weeks, there are no proper fixes for it as such at the moment apart from either waiting for it to go away, or not installing that particular version.
tb35
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:32 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

many thanx for that im using version 6.00.2800.1106 can i uninstall that and use a different version?
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:42 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I know this is slightly off-topic, but unless there's some specific reason you need IE (I can't think of any possibilities), Firefox would probably be a much better choice; it has better features and is more secure. Just thought I'd mention it Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:29 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanx been using mozilla firefox since yesterday and have had no probs whatsoever dont think ill ever go back to IE now in fact may even get rid of windows all together bring it on linux!
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:47 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

tb35 wrote:
thanx been using mozilla firefox since yesterday and have had no probs whatsoever dont think ill ever go back to IE now in fact may even get rid of windows all together bring it on linux!

That's what I like to hear Smile If you decide to switch to Linux and need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to try and help you out.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:02 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks mate i may well do that thanks again everyone for all your help Razz Razz
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: