4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Site feedback please
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
eme
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:55 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hello guys,

i'd like a few opinoins about this site www.gradinite.com. Pls ignore the language (it's romanian) and focus on the design part.

thanx a lot
have a nice day
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by emeSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:34 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I really like your design, it's interesting but also simple at the same time; very impressive Smile

My only suggestion is that you consider using valid HTML, as mentioned in the following thread: http://www.4webhelp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2040

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:33 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

One small comment from me: I think you need a little padding on the left and right sides - the menu and ads are stuck against the border.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:19 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i know about the mess regarding the html code, but the programmer that i work with uses a different html editor and we haven't come across a decision yet..and that's why it looks like that..

about the padding..i'll consider that too...the padding there is 1px but probably i'll make it 2px

thanx
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:14 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

eme wrote:
about the padding..i'll consider that too...the padding there is 1px but probably i'll make it 2px

I think you might consider a little more than this, I'd say about 10px myself, between the menu and the left border. Even if it means reducing the gap between the menu and the main body text. And probably the same for the ads on the right.

Have you consider setting the font for the text, at the moment it seems to use the browser default, it doesn't look so good in Times New Roman Very Happy

Overal it seems a very clean and fresh looking design!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
eme
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:22 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

it's quite hard to manage 10 px left and 10 right...the whole site goes upsidedown...but i'll keep working
the font is verdana..not times new roman...what browser do u use?
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:08 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

eme wrote:
the font is verdana..not times new roman...what browser do u use?

Oh yes, I didn't realise that it had been specified as it appears as Verdana in Safari(mac) and as Times New Roman in IE 5.2.3 (mac). These are my default fonts in these browsers so I just assumed. Embarassed

Today I tried changing Safari's default font to Times, but it stays in Verdana as it should.

There must be something about IE that it doesn't like something in your CSS.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
eme
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:49 am (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
There must be something about IE that it doesn't like something in your CSS.

might be....i haven't found anything...but if u see smth wrong just say[/quote]
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: