4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CSS Aligning
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:47 pm (20 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Im working on a website and im using css to postion things on the page. The problem im having is when I change the resolution they move and they need to stay aligned to an image in the background. If someone wants to see the layout and what I mean pm me. I dont want to show too many people the layout since the site hasnt launched yet.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:12 am (19 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Better still, I am too lazy to PM you... So if you PM me I might have a look if you have not solved the issue.

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:33 pm (19 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

are you using absolute or relative positioning? If you're using relative (the default), try changing to absolute and position everything according to the left and top of the screen.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:11 am (19 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

adam wrote:
are you using absolute or relative positioning? If you're using relative (the default), try changing to absolute and position everything according to the left and top of the screen.

Thats what I did, but when you change the resolution the pixels from the sides change and the background image doesnt.
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:33 am (19 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can you PM me the link to the page? I'll take a look

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:28 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Everything is good now thanks to adam exept one thing. I can get my main table to center in IE. I set the margins to auto and they dont work. Any ideas?
GXEman
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:01 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Out of curiosity what did you do to fix it?

Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:03 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, obviously it won't centre in M$ Explorer if you set the margins to auto since it is a recognized bug in that browser. I haven't seen the code so I am working blindfold.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:59 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So how do you center in IE?
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:08 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

CSS hacks normally if you aren't using something like <center> or negative margins or converting block to inline.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:46 pm (18 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you use both margin:auto and text-align:center on an table, margin:auto will center the standard-compliant and text-align will center M$IE, but I guess if you say they conflict, i'm not sure what to suggest.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ScottBSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: