4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Im confused
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
rhys-
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:30 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I signed up for cyberwings plan 5. I did all the form filling, but then once i submitted my order they asked me to fill in this other form which had stuff about a domain name and everything, my plan costs $15, do i get a domain name included in that? Please can somebody fill me in on what this is about. Confused
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rhys-Send Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:03 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You have to sign up for a domain name seperately.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:11 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So what then was that form i got after i signed up for?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rhys-Send Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:15 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The hosting
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:17 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You probably paid for the hosting with Paypal or 2Checkout, and then you have to sign up for the hosting account, and tell CW what username & pass you want.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:19 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeh, probably, but that'd mean ther giving me a free domain name in the process cos i but i a .net in when they asked for domain name, lol
Wink
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:21 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The price of hosting doesn't include a domain name, so you'll have to register one seperately.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:22 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

p.s. i put 4webhelp.net as the referer
Very Happy
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:38 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks!

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:40 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Btw, how long does it usually take for them to set up your account?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:01 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

24 hours, sometimes 48.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:44 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ok, now i really need some help, ive got a domain name, which redirects to whatever host i chose. Does i host my site on a cyberwings server? If so how do i get that sorted and what would the address be? If not, please explain, (slowly and in detail - im confused)
Thanks very much
rhys-
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 4:39 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

+ my domain is with oneandone.co.uk how do i change the dns information with them?
Thanks very much
Question Exclamation Question Rolling Eyes Wink Crying or Very sad Shocked
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:31 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Do they have a control panel thing? If so have a look at that, there may be an option in there, if not try emailing their support desk

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
rhys-
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:56 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No, it doesn't say anything about DNS in the control panel, ill email them, but what do u change the dns to? somebody said it was something like something.ourservers.com but what would it be exactly?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next