4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

A Cheap Cruise
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
altyfc
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:40 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Opinions on our "A Cheap Cruise" website would be appreciated. This is a purely affiliate-based website and has been created from a template. The whole thing took about a day and a half to produce.

Our primary aim is, strangely enough, not to sell cruises, but to 1) get AdSense income, and 2) encourage forum activity. Do you think the site fulfils these goals? Anything you would change?

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by altyfc on Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by altyfcSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:55 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry, as it says in the rules for this forum, this is not an advertising forum.

Please read these rules at http://www.4webhelp.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1912 , and edit your topic, or we will have to delete it.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:43 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry - wasn't familiar with the rules. Will edit now.

Aaron

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:21 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I must say that the Adsense ads are very nicely integrated into the site's design Very Happy. I didn't think the ad format was that customizable since everyone I see has the border around them and the Arial font for the ad text...

I now see that the cruise search brings the visitor to a third party site. What extra service(s) does your cruise finder provide the visitor with?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:31 am (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quite a nice layout, although there are two things that are affecting the layout for me at the moment:

- The picture of the couple is out of proportion, i think it looks stretched laterally

- The footer with the bevel doesn't really fit in with the header, which is quite flat...the 3d corner is dropping of a flat surface; if that was not 3d then i think the page would end nicely Wink

As for the ads, i have to agree they flow well into the site - good job!

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:36 pm (20 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into those issues. As for AdSense, you never used to be able to integrate it so well (you used to have to use Google default colors). Ever since publishers have been able to change the colors, it makes sense in my mind to make the background color of the ad the same as the background color of the page, yet many seem not to bother. I think more and more will 'cotton on' with time.

Aaron

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: