4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

subdomain files??
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
divababe
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:22 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi all, ive posted this here cos not sure where to send it Confused Anyway...im very new to coding and web stuff, i have a site with oneandone and created a subdomain from that site. I have an index html for the subdomain which shows up ok "brookdale.classysite.net" The problem is the pages i have created dont show up. For example the "message Forum" The site is a community center website. I probably sound real dumb now... Confused I think it's because im not sure how to code the link for the message forum page. I have a "brookdale.index.html" file, the forum page is "message-forum.html" all pages are uploaded to the "/brookdale.index.html" in my ws ftp_le and not the root "/" (classysite.net) i have put the link in the index page as brookdale.classysite/message-forum.html but it just goes to the classysite page or says "404error page not found" Sorry if all this sounds a bit confusing or garbled, but as i said i'm very new to all of this...any help- or if anybody could shed any light as to what on earth i am doing wrong , i would be very greatful...Happy Christmas,
divababe Smile Smile

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:33 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't know oneandone so I'm not really sure, though you could ask their support, are you basically saying that you have created a subdomain, but your not sure where to put the files so they show up when you try to view them in your browser?

Jus
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
divababe
Invisible Member
Invisible Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:31 am (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Justin,
Thanks for responding. Yes that's basically it. They do have support but it can takes days befor they respond. I know it's something to do with "pointing" to directories and stuff. I realise it is probably something really simple. I have in fact got my other files showing on my main site...but struggling with the subdomain files.
divababe Rolling Eyes

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: