4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Looking for someone to maintain my site
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
dgshaffer
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:33 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I currently have a site running phpbb 2.04.

Not having any real knowledge of phpbb I'm having the worst time with it spitting out debug errors due to some mods that were added and removed.

I'm looking for someone to go through the database to clean it up and get it running smoothly.

If anyone is interested or you know of someone that provides the service of maintaining discussion boards please send a pm or email me at Don@bmweast.com

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dgshafferSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:22 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You forgot one piece of information Wink: are you looking to pay someone for the job or are you looking for someone to do it out of goodwill?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:26 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
You forgot one piece of information Wink: are you looking to pay someone for the job or are you looking for someone to do it out of goodwill?

I live in NJ...

I don't expect anything done out of good will.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dgshafferSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:46 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

After looking into this a little it sounds like a problem with your host:

http://www.nukecops.com/postt5839.html

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:33 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Indeed, error 28 translates to no space left.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
dgshaffer
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:18 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for the advise. I'm having my site support look into it. I'm not all that sure why there would be a space issue as the BB is only a couple of months old.

Thanks again for the replys

Don
dgshaffer
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:36 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Since I've read that the tables could have been made useless due to this space issue, once the site is restored will the member names, posts, etc be lost?

I've been told that through SQL you can run a string
REPAIR = phpbb_users and alike. Is this someting that might help restore the data?

following is the error text that I'm seeing:

Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 106
File : /home/hsphere/local/home/dgs1958/bmweast.com/phpBB2/includes/functions.php
JohnScott
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:03 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
I live in NJ...

I don't expect anything done out of good will.

LOL! Very Happy

(Hey nice Santa smilies!)

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:46 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If the data has been corrupted and cannot be retrieved (you'll have to see what happens when the host fixes the space problem which isn't a space problem for your account but for the server), it really is your host's responsibility to have backups, but if they don't then I'm afraid you won't be able to get anything back (unless you have backups which I gather you don't).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:58 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I had done a database backup but it seems that now I'm getting posts from the wrong user.

I asked my webhost about backups on their end. Hopefully they can run the board back to where it was before this all happened.

How good are you guy's? Can you go in and straighten out errors in tables?

Again... I'm from Jersey so I would pay a reasonable hourly rate for your service. Just promise me you won't hack into my site and put bouncing smilies all over the place Rolling Eyes
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:02 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What do you mean by posts from the wrong user? What exactly is wrong with the board now you've restored your backup?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:06 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm getting back messages I had written to user #1 as if it was sent to me by user #2.

I contacted user #2 and he said he had gotten the same message from user #1
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: