4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

site design comment
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
pyro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:54 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

no offense, but it sux, all it is is a bg that uses a gradient and a few tables, but then again, all i saw was the main and credits page since the others didnt work, either not there or forbidden atm... well, my 2 cents
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pyroSend Personal MessageMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:56 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ever heard of KISS? (Keep it simple stupid!)

A good design doesn't have to be fancy! A clean design can sometimes be even more effective.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:03 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel, Have you got any plans to put any 'interactive' feaures on the pages such as ' Good Mornming, Richy ' ?.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by RichardSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:11 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Richy wrote:

Daniel, Have you got any plans to put any 'interactive' feaures on the pages such as ' Good Mornming, Richy ' ?.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was logged out !

The best way to do that would be to integrate it with the forums, but the problem is that they're seperate domains, so you can't access the files from forums.4webhelp.net from 4webhelp.net (as far as I know).

We might do that in the future, if it's possible, but it's not very high on our "Todo List" right now!

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:06 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

grrrrrr, best thing about sites using CPANEL is the subdomains can be set to double your folder name , eg http://forums.itfconline.net is the same as http://www.itfconline.net/forums . Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:08 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

pyro wrote:

no offense, but it sux, all it is is a bg that uses a gradient and a few tables,

I'll think you'll find everyone uses tables now and professional sites like this one, it's took over from frames
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
pyro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:13 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

justin, yes, i know that, so do i, but i was refering to the fact that it doesnt seem to look right on this site, and as for keeping it simple, u can keep it simple, but not too simple, if its too simple, its for gonna keep visitors, but luckily, most people prefer the forums... Andrew, the other thread seemed to refer to the coding of the site, not really aimed for the design... As for the interaction idea, it might work if its possible to read from the cookie for the users who save their info on their comp usin the cookie, but that also depends if the username gets encoded, which is doubtful but u never know
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by pyroSend Personal MessageMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:36 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The problem with the cookie, is that it's written to by forums.4webhelp.net, not 4webhelp.net.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:24 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How about a design for the whole page, which looks like the design of the forum? Someone just needs to create fancy buttons for "forum", "scripts", "howtos", etc. that are like
What do you think?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by matthiasdittgenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:33 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

We don't really want to design our site on the model of phpBB2, and we can't reproduce those buttons exactly, since the font is not available.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:14 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think the old website design was far better!!!
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
tyjtyj
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:55 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

For me,
the logo is too simple
just 3 word
not interactive at all
even a 5 years old kid and do it

make it some thing like 3D image
even the old "user " logo is far nicer

roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:58 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Frames suck. Tables is the new standard. Frames are confusing, un-pro and look dumb. Congrats to 4WebHelp for good site design!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:17 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

tyjtyj wrote:
make it some thing like 3D image
even the old "user " logo is far nicer

3D logo??? This is sooo 1997. Clean, flat and classic is what goes now.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: