4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Help me....
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Johnny Vodka
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:34 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thank you very much Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Johnny VodkaSend Personal Message
Johnny Vodka
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:10 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry for bugging you guys so much....but how do I make user groups and make the group appear under the people's names? Also how do I admin someone?

Again sorry for all the dumb questions
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:20 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

To admin someone: go into the user's permissions and there's a selection box to make them admin.

To make groups: go into "Group Admin" --> "Management".

Ranks: you can't make the group name show up under the username, but you can create "ranks": "User Admin" --> "Ranks". To assign a rank to someone follow same procedure as for changing username but scroll down the page to a rank selection box.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:45 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah...this totally helped.

One more thing then I swear I'll leave you in peace (for a while anyway Very Happy)

Quick reply....can someone tell me how to do it...I have the mod but I don't know what to do with it.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:47 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unless you have FTP access to the server which hosts the board you won't be able to install it. Do you?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:48 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

its on phpbbhost.org....so I'm guessing yes.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:53 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Installing a MOD involves editing phpBB's PHP files to add functionality to the board. Do you feel up to that?

Also do you know how to edit files (HTML, PHP, whatever) and upload them to phpBBHost?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:58 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nope.....I don't know how to edit any of that. But if I'm told what to do it won't be a problem. I'll just follow instructions, besides thats the only one I want to install.
Johnny Vodka
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:22 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

One more question for now....how do you get pips under a person's name?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:55 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Find a simple text editor which you can use to open PHP files. Notepad will do if you're on Windows. Make sure that you know how to open PHP files with Notepad if that's what you're using (download all the phpBB files from phpBBHost via an FTP client and open them as a test).

As to the pips, you'll have to upload the images you want to use via FTP, and then add them via the "Ranks" page under "User Admin".

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:11 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks...I just linked to off site ones.

One more stupid question. I can't figure out how to put people into user groups....how do I do it?
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:27 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Click "User Groups" on the menu at the top of each forum page. Then select the appropriate group and add the users via the page that comes up (textbox at the bottom of the page).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:37 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK...got it.

I have a problem with my signature...it won't show up at all. I have turned it on but it still won't show.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:46 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There's an option in your profile: "Always attach my signature:" however it's not retroactive. You have to edit previous posts to add your signature to them.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:01 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh...thats why then.

Thanks
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next