4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CSS layout problems
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Teddy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:37 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://chemical.webhop.net/website-beta/index.php

Ok, I just started coding this website. It uses a 100% css layout, but I have one problem. White space around the navigation bar (I changed it to red to more clearly show the problem.)

Firebird 0.7 on 2 computers is showing a few pixels of whitespcae above it, and IE6 shows some to the right of it...

Any ideas what the problem could me?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by TeddySend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:42 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

try setting margin-bottom: 0px; for #banner - that should get rid of the space above the nav bar. I have no idea why IE shows some space to the right of it Rolling Eyes

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:47 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nope.. didn't do anything... I'm not getting it..
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by TeddySend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:14 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Perhaps is it because M$ IE is substandard with regards to CSS rendering it is not a space so much as lack of dimension to solve the M$ IE issue you should give the: DIV#navigation {margin: 0px; width: 680px;}

To solve the Mozilla issue set the left and right padding to 0px; for the DIV#navigation.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:43 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That fixed the IE issue, but I'm still getting the whitespace...
Teddy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:48 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Fixed the problem in Mozilla, I guess this would qualify as a workaround...

I set the image alignment to absbottom.
thor
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:39 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still see white space at the end of the red nav bit (I'm using IE 6)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thorSend Personal Message
Teddy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:42 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Heh... forgot to upload the changes... my bad.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: