4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Rotating CSS Files
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
genkidave
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:00 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there a way to have a script that rotates automatically starting on the first of the month?

E.g: There are 4 seasons in the year, and you have created 4 CSS templates for those seasons, then on the day that the season begins (Dec 21 is Winter) then the winter.css file would be activated and display that particualr theme...

Am I making any sense here? Rolling Eyes

Anyway, if you don't have a short circuit while trying to figure out what I'm asking, and know the answer to the question, PLUS have a script or know where I can find one, please
let me know.

Thanks
Genki Dave
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by genkidaveSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:22 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

A simple PHP script would do it - get the current date, analyse it, echo the right HTML...

Are you familiar with PHP?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:46 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Umm, no I'm not very familiar with PHP. I'm just getting started right now.

I know some HTML, but as well all know, hTML just doesn't cut it, but I have to learn the ropes before I get into DHTML, XHTML, XML, PHP, and lot.

Could you possible help me on the script at all, and explain what part of what code means?

I'd be very grateful, because I'm doing this as a sort of present to some family members who want a family website, but have no clue as to how to start, so, me being the computer geek in the family, they asked me to try, so here I am doin research and scratching my head wondering how the heck I got into this mess...

Sorry about the rant there Smile

Genki Dave
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by genkidaveSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:14 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think this is what you want:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=101029162731131&w=2

Of course you'll have to replace the season names with the HTML code (<link rel="stylesheet" href="style_winter.css">) or whatever you want.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: