4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

moosoft.net
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:35 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I got bored and redesigned my site, any suggestions for improvements are welcome:
http://www.moosoft.net/

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:01 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You certainly like the "CSS based simple layout" style of site, don't you? Wink

I think you could do with a logo and a few more colours - it's a little bland right now.

The search box could do with a submit button - not everyone uses their keyboard.

Why two | characters between menu items? It just looks a little wierd...

Oh and doesn't "because if I didn't have a web site, the world would fall apart" mean that your website is just there because you want to have a website? Wink Laughing Just kidding Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:06 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
You certainly like the "CSS based simple layout" style of site, don't you? Wink

I sure do, it's the modern way of doing things Smile

Quote:
I think you could do with a logo and a few more colours - it's a little bland right now.

logos and colours aren't really my thing...so unless someone else will be really nice and make me a logo, I'll do without

Quote:
The search box could do with a submit button - not everyone uses their keyboard.

/me adds that to his todo list

Quote:
Why two | characters between menu items? It just looks a little wierd...

personally, I like weird...but if other people think it'll look better with just one I'll change it Smile

Quote:
Oh and doesn't "because if I didn't have a web site, the world would fall apart" mean that your website is just there because you want to have a website? Wink Laughing Just kidding Very Happy

lol, but that is why the site is there Smile (that, and to give me an email address)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:27 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I just added a header image to make things more interesting...what do y'all think?

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:22 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

took me a while to work out what it was Embarassed
is there anything you can do about the jaggedy edges
and the moosoft.net text doesn't stand out too well (it seems a little blurred)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:35 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hmm, I'll have a go at improving that...but I'm afraid images aren't my thing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:24 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ok, I've completely changed the header to something else...what do you all think now?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:22 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

simple and elgant looking site with CSS. But images speak a lot still i would give you 7 out of 10.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vijayonlineSend Personal MessageSend email
adam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:42 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks Smile any suggestions for the kinds of images I could use?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:57 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can try to design a logo for you (for free offcourse). Reply if you wan't that Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by phryxusSend Personal Message
adam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:37 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks for the offer, but I'm not really looking to get a logo...I can't see much use for one on a personal site Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:39 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

as I'm sure people are starting to realise, I usually re-design / overhaul my site once every few months. It's happening again Smile

take a look: http://moosoft.net/

I'm going for the professional news site kind of look, so with that in mind I'd like to hear all your suggestions. Also, I need volunteers so if any of you would like to be a writer for the site send me a PM.

edit: also, if someone could post a screenshot of it in IE that'd be great Smile

edit2: changed link when site went live.

Last edited by adam on Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by adamSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
phryxus
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:14 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Here is a screennshot in IE! Wink
Your lay-out looks very nice.

http://www.phryxus.nl/moosoft/scrn.jpg
Please tell me when I can delete him from my server.
I doesn't placed the picture in this forum because he is 253 kb. Exclamation
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by phryxusSend Personal Message
adam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:55 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ick...I forgot that IE doesn't used anti-aliased fonts Laughing (or maybe it's windows that doesn't, I dunno)

anyway, thanks for posting that...you can delete it any time you want now Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: