4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Authenticate User's Email Address Before Access Page
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:24 am (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Greetings,

I am looking for a free Perl script that will "Authenticate User's Email Address Before Allow To Access Protected Webpage". Basically, this is what I look for in the script:

Webpage ask the user to register and afterwards prompt him that the details of his login is delivered to his registered email address.

Let me have your recommendation, preferably you have used the script before.

TIA
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by preciousSend Personal Message
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:59 am (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There are many ways to achieve this.
one way is to store a field whether email address has been validated on not.

when a user logs in , check whether the email address is valid, if not, allow the user to validate the email address and also send the validation mail again if required. if email address if valid proceed normally.

Eg:-
Code:

<?php
// do mysql_connect etc.

// also supposing that $username, $password are set with the username and password
// as the ones that were entered in the form by the user

$res = mysql_query("SELECT valid_email FROM users WHERE username = '$username' AND password = '$password' ");

if($userinfo = mysql_fetch_array($res)) {
    if($userinfo['valid_email']==1) {
        //valid email
    }
    else {
        // invalid email address
    }
}
else {
    // invalid username/password
}

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:03 pm (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That's PHP, I need a perl script.
precious
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:08 am (20 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Can any perl expert help me with this WebAuthenticate perl script in the below link which you can download the full documentation and installation files at

http://www.generate.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/to.cgi?l=webauthentication

This is a webpage authentication perl program but lack the registrator's email address authentication capability.

It will be good if you can add/modify the perl script to authenticate user's email address before allowing him to access the protected webpage. This means that you will have to enhance the script so that it is able to send an email to the registering user to verify that he has indeed entered a valid email address. He needs to respond to the verification email to access the protected webpage.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: