4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Welcome to the "Comments & Suggestions" forum!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:43 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Welcome to the "Comments & Suggestions" forum!

Feel free to let us know what you think of these forums, and of the website itself (when it's finished!).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:07 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi!
Just wanted to wish you good luck!
Smile
Pavlin Smile
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:08 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Pavlin!

Now I also know that Guests can have names, instead of being Anonymous! Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:17 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nice looking board Daniel Very Happy

JdS
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:45 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh Wow! phpBB2 - my favourite board!

like Arnold said, "I'll be back.." Laughing

'New script on the Block' - GIDtopsites
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JdSSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:29 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nice forum... I considered using it on a site I made for someone but decided to use YaBBSE cos I know YaBB1 like the back of my hand...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:50 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:

Nice forum... I considered using it on a site I made for someone but decided to use YaBBSE cos I know YaBB1 like the back of my hand...

It looks better than vBulletin from the index page and the forum view pages, but once you get further into the board than that It isn't as good.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:34 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:

It looks better than vBulletin from the index page and the forum view pages, but once you get further into the board than that It isn't as good.

In terms of features definately phpBB got a long way to go. vBulletin has many more and those are pretty useful when you need them the most Very Happy.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:42 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Of course, we would like to have vBulletin, but we'd have to pay for it! I don't think vBulletin is worth that much more than phpBB (in terms of cost).

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:06 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

On first impressions it looks a good as vBullitin but as has been said once you get in its not quite so good Smile , As i Mod on a vBull board it will be good to see how they compare in features.
Might even give it a try on my site Embarassed
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by John RSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:01 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Vb lacks a major feature in that it doesnt seem to have a "view the last x number of posts by this user" option. Dunno if this has such an option havent looked yet.

My biggest gripe with every single forum I have ever used though apart from YaBB and Phorum(and I hate phorum) is the mark as read system. Most boards use cookies to mark boards as read and so dont keep track of individual threads. That really annoys me and is the reason I wont use any other board on my site...

[edit]
This forum keeps track of individual threads so I like it
[/edit]

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:07 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Ben wrote:
Vb lacks a major feature in that it doesnt seem to have a "view the last x number of posts by this user" option. Dunno if this has such an option havent looked yet.

This and vBulletin has something better :

Search for all posts by this user.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:14 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ok then, sounds the same just I could never find it Rolling Eyes

Red and White Kop
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:16 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just click profile and you should see it Smile
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:24 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Odd I must be blind I'v looked in people profiles many times and never found it. I do tend to miss obvious stuff though.

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next