4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Desktop PC server
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:00 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If you're on a network you'd need to use the IP which your ISP assigned to you, not your internal IP on the network. Also you might need some special configuration to let the traffic through to your PC, as opposed to one of the other PCs on the network.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:23 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

if you're using the dyndns service and you have a dynamic IP (that changes every day like mine Sad) you can get a client that will automatically send your IP to the service so you don't have to keep updating your details.
Check out the clients here http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html I use DynDNS Updater on XP which works well for me.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
zeroth
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:06 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Does your PC IP start with a 192.168 or a 10.10?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:18 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

its a 192.168. Im preaty sure there is someway I need to point it to the specific computer, but im not sure how.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
zeroth
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:51 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you using a Linksys Cable router?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
mickyboy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:36 am (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi, ive just installed Apache on my desktop, got everything working fine when you type in http:/127.0.0.1 but i registered an address at no-ip.com but it wont bring up my server when the web site is entered. I did get a connection once for a little while but something went wrong and so i had to install apache again. Any hints or easy mistakes i could of made.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by mickyboySend Personal Message
zeroth
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:07 am (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If 127.0.0.1 or localhost work fine, then the problem is not with apache. It can take some time for dynamic DNS services to become functional. Also, if you have a cable or DSL router, make sure you have port 80 forwarded correctly and have given apache server permissions in any firewall software you run.
You can test to see if your port 80 is accessible from the internet here:
http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.vbs.asp
Enter your IP where yahoo.com is and check the service scan box.
domuk
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:55 pm (19 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

no-ip.com is good (thanks Miguel)

however if I have my firewall enabled, I cannot see my website on the web.

How do you configure the Norton firewall / IIS server to just view pages that I have put there (don't need FTP as I am using the server to test my web pages)

any ideas / links?

Thanks,

Dom.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by domukSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2