4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Mozilla Firebird - Oh yeah!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:41 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I used to hate Mozilla, I didn't really like any of the latest versions and prefered IE< but all that has changed now, Firebird is everything you want it to be, it's like IE but with tabbed browsing, it's quite simply unbeatable and it's now my default browser, I encourage everyone to give it a try, you won't regret it
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:51 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I agree, mozilla firebird rules - but it is not like IE with tabbed browsing. it is, however, like mozilla without the mail client, IRC client, WYSIWYG editor, etc Smile

Edit: for those too lazy to google: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:07 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have to agree! I used to use Netcaptor (based around IE) for my tabbed browsing but since finding out that Firebird did tabbed browsing and giving it a try Netcaptor has been uninstalled. Very Happy

I like the fact that Firebird comes with not a lot of bloat but if I want I can bloat it up as much as I want with the extensions Laughing

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:31 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

any screenshots?

edit: found at one at http://www.mozilla.org/frontpage/productShotFirebird.jpg

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:47 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

or http://www.thetribe.fsnet.co.uk/firebird.png showing off the tabbed browsing.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thetribeSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:19 am (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks tribe, ur one was better

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
adam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:48 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

the second screenshot @ http://www.moosoft.net/screenshots/ shows firebird, though these screen shots are more aimed at showing off linux/enlightenment Smile

edit: the screen shots are gone now, if you missed them too bad Smile hehe

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:07 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm using Mozilla 1.5b and it has everything I could ever want in a browser, except TRUE fullscreen mode, like IE. Oh, well, small price to pay to not use Micro$oft.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
thetribe
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:54 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

zeroth wrote:
I'm using Mozilla 1.5b and it has everything I could ever want in a browser, except TRUE fullscreen mode, like IE. Oh, well, small price to pay to not use Micro$oft.

Strange thing for you to say judging by your avatar Wink Very Happy

zeroth
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:13 am (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thetribe wrote:
Strange thing for you to say judging by your avatar ;) :D

The avatar is supposed to be humorous, not a serious statement of my loyalties :)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
adam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:14 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hmm....tbh there's not really anything to suggest that it's not serious, it's kinda confusing Smile

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:29 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Of course its obvious - Microsoft is the biggest joke going, it therefore goes without saying that anything bearing its name is not to be taken seriously Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:08 pm (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

lol, I'll remember that

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: