4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Invision Power Board takes first step towards a paid board
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:09 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=63586&st=0&#entry501776

if certain things didn't happen, I would have a registered version why do I think they are trying to screw me over more and more *sigh*
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:34 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

While I understand that the software license has changed "name", thus making it seem more professional like vBulletin, the practical changes don't seem too major. In fact for the time being, does anything change other than the license?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:28 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

They have changed the license to that for existing users as well now for 1.1 are they allowed to change the license for something that you have previously agreed to, as from what they are saying, you have to agree to the new terms, even if you are an existing user, or not use the board.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:51 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Free Support to be withdrawn, heading quickley towards a totally paid board :
http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=82460&view=getnewpost
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:28 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Heh, after spending their time denying that they were moving towards a totally paid board like vB... Rolling Eyes

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:04 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Heh, You might as well save up a few more weeks and buy a owned vBulletin license! Invision (Charles) just wants money out of your pockets, and I find it ridiculous. CAN'T YOU JUST DEVELOP A BLOODY BULLETIN BOARD AND LET USERS DOWNLOAD IT?!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jrHOSTINGSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:17 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In their defence, I have to admit that they have invested a lot of time and money into IPB, and this is a business after all. However I just don't like the way they're almost announcing these things "behind our backs"... Confused

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:04 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Or convert to SMF when its out http://www.simplemachines.org

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:39 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
In their defence, I have to admit that they have invested a lot of time and money into IPB, and this is a business after all. However I just don't like the way they're almost announcing these things "behind our backs"... Confused

ahh, but they said it would always be free when they first moved over from Ikonboard, I find it funny that Matt Quit Ikonboard cos of the fat they were going to charge for support etc, and now he is doing the very same thing....
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:57 pm (20 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes but its matt making money, not jeg making money out of matts working for noting

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: