4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Urgent help: create an online registration
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
laychoo135
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:12 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm developing an online registration for students to register their actvities with the following:

1st page:
A listbox containing four grades; Grade 5, 6, 7 and 8

2nd page:
A listbox containing tutorgroups of each grade. If Grade 5 is being selected on 1st page, this listbox only lists tutorgroups of Grade 5.(I've done the coding for this part). Eg; if Sharon selects Grade 5 in 1st page, she'll see tutorgroups for Grade 5 only in the listbox. She selects her tutorgroup and clicks Next to proceed to next page.

3rd page:
A listbox containing names of students.The names are based on the selection of the tutorgroups from the 2nd page.(I've also done this part).Eg; if Sharon selects her tutorgroup ABC, in this listbox, she'll see names of students under tutorgroup ABC only. She then click on her name.

There is also a textbox below this name listbox for students to enter dob as a simple form of verification before proceeding to select their activities options.

If the name matches the dob, she proceeds. If she entered wrongly or leave dob blank, she will get an error message to try again.

4rd page:
Three listbox(not interelated)showing options of activities. The three listbox have the same values. The list of activities are based on selection of grade from 1st page. Eg; Sharon selected Grade 5 in 1st page, these three listbox should lists activities for Grade 5 only.

I need to code it in a way where student is not allow to choose value A from listbox 2 and listbox 3 if he/she has chosen value A from listbox 1.

Once student clicks submit in this page, all her selection:
Grade 5
ABC
Sharon
1990-01-01
Swimming Art Club Ice Skating

needs to be entered in the table in database.

From the scenario above, I need to code:
1. Pass all the values selected and submit to the database.

2. Get the activites list based on selection of grade in the 1st page.

3. When student chooses option A from activities listbox 1, he cannot choose the same option again.

4. Restrict students from re-enter the information once they submitted the options in 4th page.

I need urgent help in the coding Can anyone help plzzz? Let me know if you need to see the codes for the pages.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by laychoo135Send Personal Message
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:49 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As per the forum rules the duplicate of this post in the 'Databases' forum has been removed.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: