4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Can't PM
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:22 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Get this :
You cannot make another post so soon after your last visit to post please try again in a while.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:23 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Had you made a post less than 15 seconds before? Or had you edited a post/PM? Just searching for clues. BTW, I did get your PM a few minutes ago.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:41 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's when I went to PM you the first time I got that, I hadn't made a post or edited a PM, I PM'd you as soon as I got on the site, and I got that, and done it again and it worked.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:21 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unfortunately, after looking at the private message code, there is no explanation I can offer to the error you got. The code simply selects the date of your last PM, and compares it to the current time. If it's less than 15 seconds before the current time, you get an error. Confused

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:22 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I had a problem like that when the server clock was running fast. Once it was put right if you'd made a post whilst the clock had been in the future you got that error because obviously the current time was not 15 secs greater than the last post time. That happened until we caught up with those posts made 'in the future'. Another side effect was that some of the posts got out of order.

Doesn't sound like whats happened here though.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: