4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

thesummer.net SQ-1
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gary
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:24 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://www.thesummer.net/v2/sq1/index4.php

not yet finished, the menu will change i think, but what u think of it so far...?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GarySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:27 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Your header image doesn't seem to fill the whole header on high resolutions Sad

Also you really need some cellpadding on the menu and middle boxes (not necessarily on the dark header cells though).

Lastly, since you're using a relatively simple layout, why make it fixed width? Currently, people on low resolutions have to scroll, while people on high ones have loads of empty space. From what I can see you could probably convert it to a percentage size (90% or something) quite easily Wink.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:28 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Design seems ok.

But it's not a good idea to disable right click or disable selection. It happens so many times that I select text, right click to copy or to search in Google.

Also you should increase padding of the cells where content exists. It's not good for it to touch the border or be very close to it. Have space of around 3-5 px for easy readability.

Aso increase the spacing b/w the letters of the graphics of lyrics, news, ... . Make it 120% of the current, that should suffice.

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gary
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:39 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks for the tips!!!!

But it's not a good idea to disable right click or disable selection... well so many people nick stuff from my site... like my news, i even find record labels nicking my news LOL so i tried to make it harder for them... but ill think it all over

thanks again
it all helps!!! Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GarySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:03 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

They can always do view>source then copy the stuff.

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:57 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

or use a IE 5.2 on a mac - I can quite happily select the text Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:36 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

and also when javascript is turned off Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: